Recent Wested Orders

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

:shock: Oh, I think you've won the IndyGear Intervention of the Month award...keep repeating to yourself, "It's only a hobby, it's only a hobby..." :wink:

kidding - to each his own, have fun, and good luck explaining that to your credit card company when they call because they were concerned about a 'pattern of unusual activity on your card'. I really expected one of those calls just because of Wested, much less that run you've got going!
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

lets just say that Todd, Adam, TAG, georgia-outfitters, WPG, MrsDeadlock, and J Crew all have heard from my credit card. Of course that's in addition to wested and hatsdirect.
Well, what's to worry about. It's not like it's REAL money, right? :| 8-[ #-o [-o<
Vince_K
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Vince_K »

no worries. i've been able to make a few extra bucks due to some clever investment sales.

by the way, you dont *really* need a liver right?

:oops:
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Nah, them livers are overrated anyway. :wink:
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Indiana Jerry wrote:Update: Ordered an authentic brown lamb on 9/30, order processed 10/1. Order shipped 10/29, 28 days later.

Today, 11/1 here, I had a note in my mailbox saying they tried to deliver it today - same international tracking number, so I know it's the jacket.
That's interesting. I placed an order on the 28th of Sept., received conf. of the order 10/01, and was told it would be out in 21 days. on 10/22, Gerry said it would be out in the next 10 days. Maybe it was also shipped last week (?) and can be expected this week?

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a delivery notice.
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

jacket

Post by indy1936 »

that's great news jerry. my order was processed on 10/13 so with any luck it
will be here on 11/13 :-k. did you get it from the postman yet? how did it turn
out? :-s

harry
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

I just logged on a few minutes ago...trying to download some fuzzy pics from my digicam now...poorly taken in the full-length hall mirror while trying to look Indy-cool...will post a new thread after some editing...but the good news is YES INDEEDY DO IT'S HERE AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL. :D

But ya'll will have to wait five extra minutes...I promised Peter and Gerry they'd get the first pic. :wink:

EDIT: Gee, those pictures weren't blurry...they were DARK AND BLURRY. Okay, back to the mirror...when you guys finally meet me, it'll look weird how my hair actually parts on the OTHER side...
Last edited by Indiana Jerry on Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Indiana Gater wrote:That's interesting. I placed an order on the 28th of Sept., received conf. of the order 10/01, and was told it would be out in 21 days. on 10/22, Gerry said it would be out in the next 10 days. Maybe it was also shipped last week (?) and can be expected this week?

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a delivery notice.
If yours was also an authentic brown lamb, then it should be coming out right behind mine. Anything else, who can say? (If it's a goat, keep steady, and think happy thoughts.)
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Re: jacket

Post by Indiana Jerry »

indy1936 wrote:that's great news jerry. my order was processed on 10/13 so with any luck it
will be here on 11/13 :-k. did you get it from the postman yet? how did it turn
out? :-s

harry
Got it! Pics here: http://www.indygear.com/forum/viewtopic ... 437#123437
New Englander
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by New Englander »

My jacket has yet to arrive...but my original goal was to have it here by my birthday (11/13) so I'm not outta hope yet!

Ordered around the 22nd of September, hopefully soon! :)
chaddyboy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by chaddyboy »

Hey I ordered on 21 of Septemeber, authentic brown goat. Yeah I just want it by thanksgiving but every week that goes by I start thinking it wont happen.
New Englander
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by New Englander »

IT'S HERE!

Qutie funny actually. The minute after I post my last message I get a phone call from home (at school) and recieve word a package has arrived from England. :)

Needless to say, it's a beaaaaaaaautiful jacket and I'm going to get some pictures up as soon as I can. :D
chaddyboy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by chaddyboy »

hey new englander,

What leather is your jacket?
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

It's weird, I dunno what's going on with your Wested orders. My payment was recieved on Oct 6th, on Oct 27th, 21 days later to the day, my jacket was shipped. I am so impressed with it and with the service this time around, it has never been better for me. I just got the jacket today, Nov5th, USPS put it on the wrong truck at JFK and sent it to Omaha, NE, plus we had elctions, but they still managed to make it two extra days late. THANK YOU USPS!

BUT SERIOUS THANKS GOES TO WESTED THIS TIME......
New Englander
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by New Englander »

It's a dark authentic lamb.
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

the dates for jackets seem a bit odd. new englander's and bogie's times are different. how could bogie's order placed after NE's arrive weeks ahead of NE's? oh well. maybe it was the NE's dark lamb that did it.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

New Englander wrote:It's a dark authentic lamb.
You lost me on that one...Dark Brown, or Authentic Brown?

If it's Authentic Brown, it should have been the same batch as mine...BUT...

Gerry told me mid-October that they got a LOT of 'short' orders from folks calling nearly too late, or possibly even really too late, hoping for one for Halloween.

Now, this next part isn't from Wested, it's just me speculating: Orders from before that which SHOULD have been done by Halloween but WEREN'T explicitly requested by then were 'shuffled' a little bit in order to try to make all their customers happy - just a few days on the other non-time-critical orders didn't seem like a big deal, right?

I in fact did order mine by the end of Sept in order to get it by Halloween w/ some margin for error, but I didn't explicitly ask for mine by Halloween, so...other short orders may have gotten ahead of it - so mine came the day AFTER Halloween. Oops.

But I don't mind - I was really just looking for a beautiful leather jacket, and this is it - Halloween was really an afterthought.

So - if the leathers AND colors are the same, that's about the only types you can really compare. Otherwise it's dependent on which lot of what they got when, so they are apples and oranges. But even among similar orders, the Halloween orders threw a monkey wrench into the queues.

If you are reading this and planning to order for Christmas...order NOW. ;)
New Englander
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by New Englander »

In all my excitement I suppose that wasn't a very accurate descript.

It's a dark brown lamb, ToD. :)
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

hehehehe...the excitement is understandable!

Yeah, if yours was a different color, we probably can't even compare the 'make-and-deliver' times unless we knew for SURE that they had enough of both in house when ordered.
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

hmm for anyone still waiting on an order. production started on mine 10/13 with a quote of 28 days. on 11/8 i was told 10 more days to finish the jacket due to late leather delivery

harry
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Mine was sent out the other week, and has been caught up at customs since last Wednesday...grr :evil:
West
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by West »

I ordered my goat on 9/3 and I'm still waiting on it. At least I still have my cotton wested to keep me warm.
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

9/3!!?? Over 2 months to wait...I really can't imagine nor understand what is going on over there. I guess you get what you paid for (as far as service, not product), as Westeds are the cheapest yet the most authentic. Have you contacted them yet?

I love the signature quote, West!

Does anyone realize that us, being members on COW, know ahead of time that this jacket may take this long to receive, yet to the average joe would HAVE NO IDEA it would take this long, and it is NOT specified on their website? At least not that I can find.

I am not trying to bash the folks a Wested, I believe their product to be the FINEST out there, no questions asked.

Perhaps a poll would be in order? It would ask: How would you rate your experience with Wested's service (NOT the product)?

Outstanding, no complaints
Great, with a few bumps in the road
Average
Not so good, I have many complaints
The worst, not a fun experience!
West
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by West »

Yeah, actually I've contacted them several times in the past few months. In fact, about a month ago I emailed them and they said 10 more days. More recently they told me that it's due to a bad shipment of leather and that it may take a few more weeks still for me to get my jacket.
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

that stinks. i remember wested used to have more problems delivering jackets on time in the 90s. they have gotten much better.

it is hard for me to give wested a bad service rating. they are always polite and understanding when it comes to making order changes. the same with returning jackets for repair etc.. i remember when my order in 99 was delayed becaused Wested spelled my address wrong Peter threw in free cans of letap. they are also very nice when it comes to visiting them. you cant get those kinds of things with a big company. i think their service is pretty good for a company of their size. i guess it would still be nice to get the jacket around the quoted delivery time. i don't think its bad that Wested rejects substandard leather for the jackets though.
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

Hello all,

One of the new guys here....I can't really comment on the service just yet other than I put my order in this morning for a TOD horsehide and the guy I dealt with was polite, answered my questions, and offered suggestions about the extras I wanted. As far as delivery, he said 3 weeks, I'm assuming thats to complete the jacket, delivery will be an extra few days. I wasn't notified of any potential delays, maybe thats cause I ordered the horse and not the lamb/goat (more common for most orders)
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Texas Jones wrote:Perhaps a poll would be in order? It would ask: How would you rate your experience with Wested's service (NOT the product)?

Great, with a few bumps in the road
Average
Not so good, I have many complaints
The worst, not a fun experience!

That's not to say that everything went exactly as planned - there was a small delay, but not worth complaining over (to me, mine was small...frustrating at first that it missed Halloween, but oh well! Life goes on! :)).

But good lord, the amount of email exchanges they supported, their unending patience, their complete candor and honesty (yep, two different things, look it up) in explaining what was going on - this SO much more than makes up for a short lag.

I can understand more frustration for longer lags...frustrations are (hopefully) proportional to the source of the aggravation. But considering the quality of product being cranked out consistently by this still honestly run small business...gosh, just look at the posts. Are these guys manic, frustrated, delirious about the waiting? Yes. Are they demanding their money back instead? I haven't heard ONE case of that. That fact speaks for itself.

TJ - I'm not bashing you either, really. I'm just thinking Wested never CLAIMED to be McDonald's. McDonald's is fast for a reason. Wested is busy doing it right. ;)

Gerry and I were even trading business 'philosophies' by email...at work we say, "We can do it cheap, fast, or correctly - pick any two. On bad days, you only get to pick one." As far as I'm concerned, Wested is nailing cheap (call it 'economically', it sounds better) and correctly. I'm happy that they choose that 'fast' goes out the window to keep from sacrificing those.

J
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! glug glug glug
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

"We can do it cheap, fast, or correctly - pick any two. On bad days, you only get to pick one."
Very true. I've heard this bedtime story before. I think they may have more bad days than good, I'm afraid. And someone just posted another experience wheras their jacket was missing a special request. I think the choice most people would end up choosing, however, is correctly - especially knowing this jacket is coming across an ocean and will take another 2 weeks to fix.

No hard feelings of course Jerry. Your input is valuable like everyone else's. Besides, if there were true bashing going on here, it would be making fun of grown adults running around dressing and quoting Indiana Jones...(oh man 8-[ I'm gonna pay for that comment...)
Vince_K
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Vince_K »

My intentions to order a wested and then somehow forget for a month to ease the pain is being derailed here. I keep seeing the thread title "recent wested orders" and honestly expect there to be a post announcing that MY jacket has been delivered. You are all continuing to fuel these false pretenses. :P :lol:

<sigh> I must reiterate Indy1936's statements above. :D
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

the thing that stinks is a month has come and gone and no jacket
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

indy1936 wrote:the thing that stinks is a month has come and gone and no jacket
Look on the bright side...the end is near. I've only got 3 days burned on my wait so far. I havent had this level of anticipation since I was a kid at X-mas. And the kicker is, when it fianlly does arrive, it will be to cold here in Michigan to wear it daily (although I'll probably wear it for awhile anyways)
English Adventurer
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by English Adventurer »

I'm still waiting for my Goat and it's coming up on 11 weeks now I think!

Ian
Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jack Flanders »

I used to laugh at the person that I've become.

"Whis-s-s-s-skey!"
ShanghaiJack
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ShanghaiJack »

Make that two!
chaddyboy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by chaddyboy »

well................

Has Wested started to ship anyone's authentic goat jackets yet??????
Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jack Flanders »

I can smell mine from here. oooooooooooooooooooooooo...
English Adventurer
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Has Wested started to ship anyone's authentic goat jackets yet??????
Well I still haven't received mine :cry: How'd have thought waiting for a jacket could be so frustrating?

Ian
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Hey Ian, give Peter a ring and find out the score - that's a long wait man! :?
English Adventurer
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Hey Al,

Yeah, I'll do that, but I can't help thinking if I wait just 'one more day' :? It'll arrive, If I still haven't received it by next Monday I'll call him, I'm away this weekend again anyway.

Cheers mate,

Ian
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

I'm in exactly the same boat, Ian buddy.

Ken
English Adventurer
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

I'm in exactly the same boat, Ian buddy.
Yeah, and it's not a very comfy boat is it Ken? :lol: :wink:

Well I feel a little better, must just be taking a while to ship those goats rather then mine going AWOL or worse! I guess we should receive our jackets at the same time?

Ah well, the wait goes on......
Oooh, when we do get our goats! Fancy trying them out on a trip to Greece? :wink:

Ian
chaddyboy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by chaddyboy »

Will the jacket just arrive at the door or will Peter email before he sends it out?
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

In my experience, the jacket will just arrive at the door.

When I ordered my Westeds, I telephoned and they told me exactly when the jacket was due to leave and the tracking number. It's worth doing.
chaddyboy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by chaddyboy »

Good News!!!

I just got off the phone from wested and they said my authentic goat just shipped out by parcelforce yesterday!!! After 2 months of waiting the end is near. Do you guys know about how long it takes to get from england to the midwest US?
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

chaddyboy wrote: Do you guys know about how long it takes to get from england to the midwest US?
If you don't hear from anyone on this, please post your delivery time so us other newbs know what to expect! Rationally speaking :) customs seems to be the one variable that potentially creates a bottleneck.

I plan on calling Wested before my order is finished and have them notify me when it ships out with the tracking number.
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Midwest to England is usually 5-10 days, depending upon how fast customs do their stuff. Might be quicker the other way round.

Good news! :)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Mine was shipped to Indiana and I don't recal it taking too long at all, though customs may or may not have a roll to play. Hope it gets there quickly for you!

bink
ShanghaiJack
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ShanghaiJack »

That is excellent news! :D Hmm, since I ordered my authentic goat Sept. 7 dare I hope that it is even now flying my way? [-o<
Bet you didn't know that goats can fly! :lol:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Sure goats can fly. Especially when launched from a trebuchet!

And as for my wallet, Shanghai, why do you think I'm sifting through everyone else's? :wink:

bink