Good news for looking to compare holsters

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Stefan Hills
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Good news for looking to compare holsters

Post by Stefan Hills »

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Noel and he said that he would send me pictures of all three holsters from the Indiana Jones Trilogy in order to compare and contrast. Once I get them I will send them along to staff of COW to post. Stay tuned.

I currently have his LC version of the Holster and to me it more accurate to the screen version than IMA in terms of shape and drape. I am planning on posting some pictures of my gear once I get my LC style hat from Joe Jr.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I just received my holster from IMA and it is light tan. What gives? I was expecting a dark colored leather and this one is light. Not that I am complaining I just think it's odd. Anybody else get one like mine?
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

I did too and I was wondering the same thing. I have two from them and one is dark brown. The light brown seems to be made of even cheaper material and is of lesser craftsmanship than the dark brown. Curiuos.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Hmmm... I don't like to hear that. I knew I should have bid on those Webley holsters on Ebay. D'oh!
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

I've yet to find a Webley holster repro that's as good as the real thing qualitywise. The search continues.
Indiana_Alex
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana_Alex »

I'm so glad I got my Webley holster off of Ebay :D . I haven't got it yet but I'm looking foward to it.I'll bring it to the Texas summit so you can see a pic. I think some leather dye would take care of your color problem. Or you could take the Rabbitooth approach and use a marker :twisted: . No wonder hes hosting a coloring contest :wink:. You might need to strip it with acetone or something before you redye it. Just a thought.
Cheers, Alex
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I am talking with New Braunfels leather on helping us create a good holster. Stay Tuned.
AZIndy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by AZIndy »

I also just got the IMA holster, and despite the fact its a great holster that fits a wide variety of guns, the color was a bit dissapointing, serves me right for ordering something based on merely a drawing! Why IMA doesnt have an actual picture of the holster on their page is beyond me, but oh well its still the most unique holster in my collection, I have taken some pics and will post them here soon so those considering the IMA holster can see the color.

AZIndy
Rabittooth
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rabittooth »

Indiana_Alex wrote:...Or you could take the Rabbitooth approach and use a marker :twisted: . No wonder hes hosting a coloring contest :wink:.
I've only used a very light brown marker on the white stitching of my Keppler holster to tone it down. I haven't used it anywhere else.

-Rabittooth
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

That's not the first time someone has accused you of violating your gear with markers! We have our eyes on you, sir. :wink: