Wested Indy Shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

IndyFan87
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wested Indy Shirt

Post by IndyFan87 »

Gang,

Been a long time since I've been around these parts ('01) but I'm lookin' to invest in the Wested Shirt. Raiders style.

You guys were awesome at helping me with my Peters Bros. hat and wested raiders jacket back in the day...now i"m lookin' for shirt help.

What are some of the specialty items I should request when ordering my shirt? (similar to the 'turn' on a hat or the 'pocket change' on the jacket.)

Anyone own one? Do you like it? Is it worth it?

Thanks
Indyfan87
HJJr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HJJr »

I have it, and it's worth it. I made no special requests. Once I washed it (hung it up to dry -- no iron), it looked great.

Keep in mind that it does run a touch small in the body like Indy wore it. If torso size is a concern, you may need to request a special measurement.

You'll enjoy it.
IndyFan87
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by IndyFan87 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've got a fairly medium build, in shape, etc. I'm considering a medium. Tighter fittin the better, but a little room to breathe.

How long does it take to receive? I've heard 2 weeks. Any chance to possibly get it by Halloween?

My Wested took FOREVER, but that's because they ran out of Pre-destressed leather...and didn't bother to tell me, but were kind and when I called explained it all.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

I have one, I'm a 39 in shirts. My Wested Jacket is size 40 and my Wested Indy shirt is a M. Fits well. A little tight in the arms as well, but not so bad as you'd notice.

The only thing I'd say is the pocket flap size, it was a little big compared to the MBA version. There are posts on this already, but I think Peter may have changed it in the new batch.
IndyFan87
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by IndyFan87 »

Yeah - that's exactly the info I"m looking for - regarding the pocket sizes. I can recall on my wested ordering some items that if you didn't request them, they weren't added to the jacket, but if you did, they were at no charge.

I'll have to look in to this pocket thing. I just spoke with Peter a week ago, so perhaps I'll shoot another e-mail over and find out for sure too.
HJJr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HJJr »

Turn around depends on whether you order stock size or custom and what they have in stock at the time.

Peter sent an email when I ordered saying they were just starting a new run of my size and it took about 2 weeks.

You can always asked about expediting $$$.

Based on some posts I had with a couple of others, the more recent shirts have more screen accurate pocket flaps.
antiquity collector
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by antiquity collector »

Where does it say you can get a custom shirt or pants from Wested? They said all were mass produced in general sizes and no custom orders.

AC
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

I can't find the thread now, but we were just discussing this the other day.

Nobody seems to be volunteering any experience w/ Wested that indicates you can custom order the shirts/pants.

My own experience is that they won't. Why? Excerpt from an email from Gerry (@ Wested):
Gerry@Wested wrote:The good news is that a 44R jacket here has a 19" neck as standard so
this point won't be a problem for you. If you are worried then just put
your neck size in the Special Requests area to ensure it isn't missed.
Unfortunately, this does mean we would not be able to supply an Indy
Shirt for you as we do not make them custom fit
."