Wested shoulder measurement???

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Wested shoulder measurement???

Post by lowmileage »

Getting real close to putting the order for the Temple of Doom jacket that I should have done a month ago. How do I do the shoulder measurement? For a 40 R on the chart it says 6.65"
That obviously isn't from one shoulder to another - at least not mine :)
And for the back length - it appears their chart is for the Raiders jacket. Do I therefore for the Temple jacket just measure where I want it to end?
Thanks all.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Well, the shoulder measurement is just the length of the shoulder seam,..on your shoulder. The back length fo a TOD, is just an added inch to the back length of all the Raiders sizes. You can, however, ask for any backlength, and shoulder seam measurement you like, within reason.
'Blues
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

On the back part; I recommend giving the measure where you want to it to end. It turned out I needed 2 inches extra apart from the ToD 1 inch extra on mine.

Good luck!

Regards,
Swindiana
lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by lowmileage »

Boy, you guys answer quick! Shoulder seam, should have thought of that and I'll go with my back length measurement. Thanks, Fred
Deadlock
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Deadlock »

Swindiana wrote:On the back part; I recommend giving the measure where you want to it to end. It turned out I needed 2 inches extra apart from the ToD 1 inch extra on mine.
So this measurement is from the collar to "where you want it to end"? Quick question, where SHOULD the jacket end? What's the "official" length? Top of the back pockets?
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

So this measurement is from the collar to "where you want it to end"? Quick question, where SHOULD the jacket end? What's the "official" length? Top of the back pockets?
On my part, I just opted for what I felt the most comfortable with. It might be slightly longer than screen accurate, but I wouldn't want it shorter. Also, I think I have a rather long back. I guess you could just try and fold a longer jacket that you already have in order to see and feel what looks good and feels right.

Regards,
Swindiana
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

You have to remember that people wear their pants differntly. I think the Raiders was to be 1.5 inches off the hip.
Deadlock
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Deadlock »

Mr. Das wrote:You have to remember that people wear their pants differntly. I think the Raiders was to be 1.5 inches off the hip.
When you say 1.5 inches "off the hip" do you mean 1.5 inches fom the top of pant's waistband?

I know just what you mean about people wearing their pants differently... Hip-hoppers usually wear their pants somewhere around mid-thigh. It's like some big rapper died, and their flying their pants at half-mast... :mrgreen: So 1.5 inches from the top of the pants would be... about 2 inches above the knee. :shock: Now THAT would be a screen accurate jacket! :-s
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

I mean what I said. One point five inches off the hip and not the top of the pants. But it is really up to you what you want the length to be.