Young Indiana Jones Jackets - Photo Help?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Young Indiana Jones Jackets - Photo Help?

Post by Rob »

Please don't hurt me for not writing about THE jacket, but rather the jackets we saw Young Indy wearing. Specifically, his motorcycle courier coat and his flying coat from the YIJC.

I recently wrote to Wested about constructing a YIJC coat and Gerry asked me to send along photos for an accurate quote. Unfortunately, all the screengrabs I've found on the net have been pretty fuzzy (I guess because they were pulled off video), so I was wondering if anyone was interested in helping - even out of curiosity about how much a YIJC jacket might cost?

Does anyone have YIJC trading cards, for example, which might have suitable shots - or a behind the scenes book or similar? I think the jacket I'm most interested in revisiting is the motorcycle courier jacket... IIRC, it was almost knee length, and a weathered brown leather (???)

The reason I'm interested in such a jacket is because while I intend getting THE jacket, I'm also curious about something which could, for example, be worn as an overcoat in the winter. Just the thing to pop over my suit as I walk from the parking station to work!

Thoughts?
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

106 views and no one's interested in replicating Young Indy's jacket? :cry:
Skippy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Riding the Mongolian steppes......or London, England.

Post by Skippy »

Well I'm not too up on YIJC & I certainly don't know about that jacket, but I'm wondering if you seen this & I'm imagining it's quite similiar...

http://www.plymouthshopping.co.uk/mall/ ... 830819.stm

Certainly a great looking jacket :D
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Yes, quite similar to that... very much along those lines for the motorcycle courier jacket, IIRC.

I think it would be such a great Indy-related coat to have in the cupboard - able to do things that THE jacket simply can't do (like be work over a suit, etc).

But it seems no one either knows this jacket, or mustn't consider it to be "real" Indy gear. A shame :cry:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

It's real Indygear, no doubt about it. I'm just not aware of anyone ever pursuing this one, so you're 'plowing new ground', so to speak. Keep us in the loop as you go along. I'm sure stills will come up to show Gerry. Regards. Michaelson
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Thanks for your support, Michaelson. I am thinking of turning this into a bit of a project. Having just stumped up for a Wested Horse, I won't be buying another jacket in a hurry, so it gives me time to start planning. I might even create a Web page where I can collect images and stuff? Hmmm, I will dwell on this...
Harry Steele
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Harry Steele »

Rob,

You might also want to check out Aero Leather (Transatlantic Clothing Co).

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/weba ... y_wear%231

Their "Barnstormer" is similar to the Eastman jacket. Also, check out the Aero sales link, on their home page, as discounted Barnstormers are listed for much less than standard price -- usually because a hide may be heavier or steer instead of horse.

Cheers,
Harry
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Thanks for that... some interesting stuff there :)
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Necro post... I'm STILL really interested in hunting down the YIJC motorbike courier jacket, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Any members have thoughts?
mufflowne
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mufflowne »

The thing is Rob, the only source of YIJC that people have access to are pirated AVIs of VHS things or the VHS themselves.
Chin up, the DVD set is coming out in november...

But i'll keep looking.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, you might want to drop Indy Magnoli about this, as stated in the other string.

Here's what you'll be looking at if and when you go to his site, as it will be a custom job:

https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indyprop ... 5076330936

Regards! Michaelson
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

Wow-ee; thanks guys 8)