New Jacket Buckle Option

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Jacket Buckle Option

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I came across this sale by accident on the UK e-auction site as a 'buy it now' option. I just checked and it seems the seller is out of stock. In any case, you can search for
"Replacement black side strap buckles for replica Indiana Jones leather jackets".

I have a US Wings Legend, but got concerned about the buckles after reports of the buckle corners causing damage to car seats. I liked the idea of having the straps facing the rear of the jacket, but didn't want to have to do any sewing to install new buckles so based on suggestions here, went with the three ring configuration.

An OK solution, but I really didn't like the overall look. While at the QM Summit last November I picked up two bag strap buckles from Todd's Costumes thinking I would eventually bite the bullet and have the buckles installed at some point. The buckles have been sitting in one of the cargo pockets since then.

But, then I found the above mentioned buckles. They are configured so they can be attached to the jacket without sewing.

From top to bottom:
Original US Wings Buckle
Todd's Bag Strap Buckle
New Buckle

And installed

The new buckles are at least as sturdy as the Wings. I didn't torque them in a vise, but I couldn't get them to bend or twist using moderate finger strength. Overall I've very pleased with the replacements.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: New Jacket Buckle Option

Post by Kt Templar »

I use very similar ones to the black ones. They work well for me.

I painted them myself so are a bit 'rustic' LOL!

theman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: New Jacket Buckle Option

Post by theman »

Nice, the new buckles look great.